Reported by Mirjana Ljiljak-Vukajlović
This year’s ELTA Serbia conference titled Awaken Your Curiosity, which took place in Belgrade on 19-20 May, will be remembered for exceptionally good cooperation between ELT professional associations from Serbia and other countries, as well as the highest participation of YALS speakers so far at the most significant ELT event in Serbia.
As many as five speakers from three YALS member schools took part in this year’s ELTA conference with the following workshops / presentations:
- Let’s Grow Together by Marija Pejatović, Oxford School, Leskovac
- Storytelling with The Giving Tree by Jelena Spasić, Oxford School, Leskovac
- Global Issues for Future Citizens of the World by Jovana Popović, Tom & Emma School, Belgrade
- Aiming High with Gifted Language Learners by Sofija Ljiljak-Vukajlović, Tom & Emma School, Belgrade,
- The Art of Recycling by Katarina Andrić, Lingva School, Valjevo
The workshops aroused keen interest among the conference participants and initiated numerous invitations from partner-association representatives to YALS speakers to give presentations at their conferences.
This remarkable participation of YALS speakers was made possible by considerable financial support from EAQUALS, one of the most prominent YALS and ELTA’s sponsors on this occasion. YALS stand was visited by a large number of conference participants, and YALS representatives took opportunity to promote EAQUALS as the leading international quality-assurance expert in language education.