Bratstva i jedinstva 39, 11211 Borča, Beograd
011 2085 033, 064 168 9997
Sunshine School of Foreign Languages was one of the first private language schools on the left side of the Danube in Belgrade, opening in Borča in August 2003, and the school has gone from strength to strength.
What we believe
- Motivation, positivity, self-confidence, and a relaxed yet inspiring atmosphere contribute greatly to the progress of our students, our teachers and the school itself;
- The emphasis should be on communication, whatever the level of the student’s knowledge. All activities are designed to encourage students to speak and to use the language they are learning;
- Lessons must be enjoyable to produce the best results. As such, all our courses are fun and inspiring. We teach through pictures, music, humour, TPR, creativity (projects, role playing, etc.), and by focussing on our students’ real life experiences.
- Many of our students have passed international language exams, which help them study or work abroad;
- The British Council awarded us Bronze status in their Addvantage programme for the first time in 2015 in recognition of the number of Sunshine students taking and passing the Cambridge exams;
- In 2015, Sunshine became an associate member of YALS (Association of Language School of Serbia), which promotes quality in foreign language teaching in line with recognised European standards. This guarantees that:
- our courses, teaching methodology, school management, premises, and administration are in accordance with EU standards;
- we will maintain our standards as we are subject to regular inspections by independent inspectors.
- A teaching team with high-level language, teaching and interpersonal skills, who through seminars, mentoring and monitoring are constantly striving to improve;
- Regular feedback for parents on students’ work and progress;
- Our Director of Studies, Jonathan Pendlebury, lector at Belgrade University’s Faculty of Philology, has over 20 years of teaching experience in schools in Serbia and abroad, and is the author of Enjoying English, a course used in many primary schools in the region.
- Playschool (3-6 years old) – we use a holistic approach, involving all areas of a child’s personality, and make particular use of music and drama. Lessons: 2 x 50 minutes a week.
- Primary school (7-14 years old). Lessons: 2×60 minutes a week.
- High school (15-19 years old). Lessons: 2×90 minutes a week.
- Adults – most lessons with adults are taught by qualified native speakers. Lessons: 2×90 minutes a week.
- English, German and Spanish courses for all levels and for all age groups (other languages on request);
- Small groups of 4-10 students;
- General courses, exam courses (Cambridge, DELE, Goethe-Zertifikat), business courses;
- In-company teaching;
- One-on-one lessons
- High quality translation/proofreading services;
- Large, modern classrooms, equipped with computers;
- A wealth of reading material in our school library, available to all students;
- A large garden used for various activities when the weather allows.
- All students receive a certificate upon completion of the course;
- We use textbooks from renowned international publishers (Macmillan, Oxford, Pearson, Hueber, SGEL, etc.);
- Regular extra-curricular activities – workshops (cookery, life values, etc.), clubs (reading, drama, film), guest speakers, visits (to the zoo, shopping, etc.);
- Our main enrolment is in August, but at other times, too, if space allows.
- The annual Sunshine Summer Show – students prepare songs, sketches, and mini-plays, based on the language they’ve learnt during the year. It reflects the efforts of teachers and students throughout the year and is a chance for everyone to have some fun before a well-earned summer holiday!