Since YALS foundation in 1999 until now we have organised and actively participated in the following events:
- The 15th YALS in-house seminar was held on 2nd September, 2017. The event was called “Optimization of websites and digital marketing”, with the particular focus on optimization of language school websites for the internet search engines and use of social networks to promote foreign language learning. Centar Britannica Niš, the host of the seminar, celebrated their 10th anniversary on this day.
- On 3rd June, 2017 Blue Moon School of English celebrated its 20th anniversary and hosted the 14th YALS In-house Seminar called Rock-paper-scissors. The presenter was Aleksandra Nađ from Blue Moon School.
- Five speakers from three YALS member schools took part in this year’s ELTA conference titled Awaken Your Curiosity: Marija Pejatović and Jelena Spasić from Oxford School, Leskovac, Jovana Popović and Sofija Ljiljak-Vukajlović from Tom & Emma, Belgrade and Katarina Andrić from Lingva, Valjevo. YALS participations was financially supported by EAQUALS.
- 12.04.2017 Winners of traditional YALS Literary and Multimedia Competition 2017 were announced. A total of 70 students from YALS member schools received awards.
- Two YALS teachers were chosen by ELTA to represent it at events in Greece and Slovenia: On 11/02/2017 Sofija Ljiljak-Vukajlović held a workshop titled “A Story to Tell… Use of Narrative in ELT” at the 24th TESOL Macedonia – Thrace Northern Greece Annual International Convention in Thessaloniki. On 11/03/2017 Jelena Spasić led a workshop under the name „Storytelling with The Giving Tree“ at 24th International IATEFL Slovenia Conference 2017 at Terme Topolšica.
- On 15.10.2016 YALS Conference titled FOSTERING EXCELLENCE IN LANGUAGE EDUCATION CENTRES IN SERBIA was held in Belgrade, with the support of EAQUALS. The main presenter was Lutka Kotarska from EAQUALS, and YALS good practice workshops were held by Jelena Spasić, Katarina Andrić, Sofija Ljiljak-Vukajlović and Jovana Popović.
- On 12 and 13 September 2016, YALS teachers completed a seminar “Active Methods of Teaching/Learning” seminar held by a group of experts from the Department of Pedagogy and Andragogy, Faculty of Philosophy, Belgrade, led by Associate Professor Aleksandra Pejatovic, PhD.
- Three workshops were held by teachers and teacher trainers from YALS member schools Tom & Emma, Belgrade, and Lingva Valjevo at the14th ELTA Conference on 20 and 21 May, 2016, and two stories by teachers from Oxford School, Leskovac, and Lingva were published in the book Small Town Stories, which resulted from the Creative Writing ELTA seminar.
- Marija Pejatović, Chair YALS, and Vesna Stakić, Director of Tom & Emma School, member of YALS and the only accredited member of EAQUALS from Serbia attended 25th anniversary EAQUALS conference in Lisbon from 21 to 23 April.
- On 26 April 2016, winners of YALS 2016 Literary and Multimedia Competititon were announced and their works published on YALS web site
- 13th YALS In-house Seminar: YALS Inspection Scheme Revisited was held on 9 april 2016 at New English School in Pančevo. The presenters were Maja Gavrilović Maksimović from Livingston School and Sofija Ljiljak-Vukajlović from Tom & Emma school
- The YALS programme of “Successful Management of Educational Institutions – European Model”, accredited by the Institute for Advancement of Education (IAE), was, once again, successfully held in The Center for Professional Development, Krusevac, on 26th March, 2016.
- YALS President at the Prince Charles’ Reception at the National Assembly of Serbia on 17 March 2016
- YALS representative Marija Pejatović attended EAQUALS Members’ Meeting in Nice, France on 20-21 November 2015
- On 21 November 2015 a seminar entitled “Creativity inspires both teachers and students“ was held by Carol Read at the Sava Centre in Belgrade. This event, attended by more than 400 teachers from all over Serbia is one of many in the series of events organized jointly by YALS Association of Foreign Language Schools of Serbia and the British Council.
- YALS and British Council Seminar with Carol Read „Creativity inspires both teachers and students“ announced to be held on 21 November 2015 in Belgrade
- YALS welcomed new British Council Director Clare Sears in Belgrade on 10 September 2015
- YALS Chair Marija Pejatović took part in the 3rd International Symposium on Adult Education “Quality Assurance in Adult Education“ in Zadar on 28-29 May 2015
- 12th YALS In-house Seminar at Hello School, Belgrade was held on 29.05.2015. Teachers Tijana Spasic, Sanja Vasiljevic and Ivana De Safaria held two workshops: “Working with children with specific behaviour“ and “Everything you’ve always wanted to know about writing and you are still afraid to ask“. On the same occasion a farewell party was organised for Tony O’Brien, Director of the British Council.
- YALS had a notable Presence at 13th ELTA Conference “A Taste of 21st Century Teaching” in Belgrade, on 15th and 16th of May. The president of YALS, Marija Pejatovic, gave a presentation entitled “Achieving and maintaining quality in private language schools“ and teachers Jelena Spasic and Danilo Stojanovic from Oxford School Leskovac held the workshop “Greatest hits – our compilation II”.
- The 11th In-house YALS seminar Creating Engaging and Relevant Classes through Play and Multimedia was held on 25 April 2015 at the Lingva Centre for Foreign Languages in Valjevo. The presenters were teachers Katarina Andrić, who held a workshop titled Words, Don’t Fail Me! or, Recycling Vocabulary and Beyond, and Lora Petronić-Petrović, who did the workshop under the name Enlivening Skills through Multimedia.
- On Wednesday, 22 April 2015, YALS representative Danijela Veljkovic, invited by the Blackbird School, gave a speech about the quality standards obligatory for all YALS member schools at the Statements of Results Award Ceremony for elementary school students from Čačak, Kraljevo, Gornji Milanovac, Arilje and Užice, who participated in the Cambridge Selection Competition.
- The YALS programme of “Successful Management of Educational Institutions – European Model”, accredited by the Institute for Advancement of Education (IAE), was successfully implemented through seminars held by Marija Pejatović, Jelena Spasić, Maja Gavrilović and Sofija Ljiljak-Vukajlović in Niš, Kikinda and Zrenjanin in November, 2014.
- Eaquals Members’ Meeting was held in Belgrade from 13 to 15 November 2014. The Meeting was officially opened by Richard Rossner, EAQUALS Chair and Danijela Veljkovic, YALS member.
- YALS supported five forums on monitoring student achievement using Cambridge Exams. The forums were held by Aleksandra Sekulić during April and May in Leskovac, Sombor, Uzice and Valjevo.
- YALS members attended the 4th National Conference of Language Schools entitled „Global Trends and Innovations in Teaching and Management of Language Schools“ organized by English Book on 11.10.2014 in Belgrade. YALS representative Maja Gavrilović informed the participants on the latest news from YALS.
- On 27 and 28 June 2014, YALS Association of Language Schools of Serbia together with the Serbian Association of Andragogues and The Institute for Pedagogy and Andragogy, organized a two-day seminar at the Faculty of Philosophy, Belgrade. The seminar was held under the title “Basic Trainer’s Skills” by Aleksandra Pejatovic, Jelena Jakovljevic, Dubravka Mihajlović and Edisa Kecap.
- Two Workshops by YALS Teachers were held at ELTA Conference, 16-17 May 2014: Greatest Hits – Our Compilation by Marija Pejatovic and Jelena Spasic from Oxford School, Leskovac , and Warmers, Boosters and Fillers – Revision activities for YL by Marko Savic and Jelena Mitrovic, teachers at Tom & Emma School, Belgrade.
- On 5 May 2014 the 9th YALS Literary Competition 2014 was held. The novelty this year was the competition in the category of multimedia, such as electronic and wall posters, slide presentations and oral presentations. Winners were awarded books in English, USB flash drives and T-shirts.
- YALS member schools were represented at the International EAQUALS Conference in Budapest from 24 to 26 April 2014 by Mirjana Grandov Lacic, the head teacher of Oxford School Krusevac.
- The YALS programme of “Successful Management of Educational Institutions – European Model” was accredited by the Institute for Advancement of Education (IAE), by the Decision No. 449-542/2014 of 31 March 2014.
- On 15 February 2014, “Perk up your students’ passion through creative skills development” seminar was held at the Guarnerius Fine Arts Centre in Belgrade. The lecturer was teacher trainer Nick Bilbrough and the organisers were YALS Association of Language Schools of Serbia and the British Council
- Blace, 07.12.2013: Oxford School from Leskovac successfully completed Learn English Pathways course organised by the British Council, local government and YALS
- 10th YALS In-house seminar organised by Penguin School, Jagodina, 30.11.2013
- British Council “English for IT“ certificates awarded to students in Šabac
- YALS representative one of the speakers at the 3rd National Conference of Language Schools organised by English Book in Belgrade on 5 October 2013
- On 04.10.2013 YALS signed the renewed Memorandums of Understanding with the British Council and ELTA and became the British Council partner for Aptis tests with exclusive rights during the trial period
- On 5 September 2013 YALS organised the Open Door Day on the premises of all its member schools
- Penguin English School celebrated 20th anniversary on 01.09.2013
- YALS representative at the “Evaluation and monitoring in adult education“ training organised by Adult Education Society and dvv international in Zagreb from 27-29 June 2013
- YALS at EAQUALS International Conference in Dublin, 18-20 April 2013
- “LearnEnglish for IT” British Council courses implemented by YALS for the second time in the period April-June 2013
- Jamie Keddie’s seminar organised by YALS and the British Council: Withholding the Image, at Guarnerius Fine Arts Centre, Belgrade, 23 March 2013
- Sustainable quality system of YALS Association of Language Schools presented at the Second National Conference on Teacher’s Professional Development organised by the British Council Serbia on 16 March 2013 in Belgrade
- 9th In-house YALS Seminar organised by Oxford School, Leskovac, 24.11.2012. Revising Grammar: Tips and Tricks and Task-based Learning: Exploring the Possibilities, by Milica Savić, Senior Lecturer at University of Niš and Creative Ideas at Oxford School by Jelena Spasić, Director of Studies
- YALS representative at EAQUALS Special Interest Workshops in Munich, 8-10 November 2012
- YALS AGM held on 22 June 2012 at Tom and Ema School in Belgrade
- Business English Seminar organised by YALS and the British Council: What’s your Business English niche? Deconstructing and reconstructing concepts of Business English teaching. Presenter: Mark Waistell
- YALS took an active part at a National Conference of Private Language Schools organised by the English Book under the title “Status and Prospects of Further Development“ at Aero Klub in Belgrade on 24 March 2012.
- English for IT project implementation in 24 towns of Serbia with the British Council in the period February – April 2012
- YALS Conference on Quality Language Teaching and School Management, 22nd & 23rd October 2011 at “GUARNERIUS” – Fine Arts Centre, Belgrade
- YALS representative takes part in the International Symposium “Quality Assurance in Language Education” organised by the British Council in London on 01.09.2011
- YALS representatives welcome new British Council Director Tony O’Brien, Belgrade, 1 September 2011
- A one-day seminar organised by YALS and British Council: Good practice in continuing professional development and assessment – institutional and individual aspects. Presenter: Lutka Kotarska, President of EAQUALS, Guarnerius, Belgrade, 13.05.2011
- YALS representative at EAQUALS International Conference in Prague, 8-9 April 2011
- YALS representatives taking part at the Regional Association Meeting: Supporting Quality Language Schools, organised by the British Council in Zagreb 24-25.02.2011
- Presenting YALS at The English Book event on school management, 25. 2. 2011. Belgrade
- Pančevo, New English School, 11.12.2010, 8th In-house YALS seminar: ELT Games. Seminar held by Katarina Ristić.
- YALS representative at EAQUALS Workshop Meeting in London, 11-13.11.2010
- Belgrade, 7-9 May 2010, Continental Hotel: 8th ELTA Conference, Marija Pejatović, Chair of YALS addressed the Conference participants on behalf of YALS
- Belgrade, Livingston Language School, 17.04.2010, “PR as in Pronounce and Lesson Planning Revisited” by Milica Savić, Senior Lector at the Faculty of Philosophy in Niš, Department of English.
- Skopje, Macedonia, ESP School, 17.04.2010, Annual Conference of Macedonian Association for Quality Language Services (MAQS)
- Graz, 12 – 14 November, 2009, EAQUALS Workshops- Curriculum and Assessment based on CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference)
- Belgrade, 17 – 18 October, 2009, YALS Conference on Development and Practical Application of CEFR in Testing, Assessment and Certification, Mila Angelova, member of the EAQUALS Certification group, Phd Slobodanka Kitic, Annie Broadhead, teacher trainer
- Belgrade, Hello and Oscar schools, 4 April, 2009, 6th YALS Inhouse Seminar “Motivated to Motivate”
- Leskovac, M School of English, 18 October, 2008, 5th YALS Inhouse Seminar “Variety as the Spice in ELT”
- Kula, Blue Moon School, 12 April, 2008, 4th YALS Inhouse Seminar “On CEFR and Language Portfolio”, Slobodanka Kitic and Dragana Filipovic
- Nis, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, 24 November, 2007, 2nd YALS Regional Seminar “Latest Developments and Practical Application of CEFR in Curriculum/ Syllabus Design”, PhD Slodobanka Kitic
- Belgrade, Tom & Emma school, 27 October, 2007, 3rd YALS Inhouse Seminar “Creative ideas in ELT”
- Belgrade, Guarnerius, 2-3 March, 2007, YALS Regional Seminar “Latest developments and practical application of CEFR in Curriculum/ Syllabus Design and Use of Language Portfolio, Maria Matheidesz, EAQUALS Operation Manager, David Hill, freelance Language Consultant
- Valjevo, Lingva, 2 December, 2006, 2nd YALS Inhouse Seminar on resources in teaching “Do you mind being resourceful?”
- Belgrade, April, 2006, teacher training for preparing candidates for taking Euroexams – Oral Examiners, Part 2
- Belgrade, 27 January, 2006 – ”Serbian version of EAQUALS – ALTE European language portfolio” – application training organized by EAQUALS and Serbian Chamber of Commerce
- Belgrade, June 2005, teacher training for preparing candidates for Euroexams – Oral Examiners, Part 1
- Belgrade, 10 – 11 June, 2005, teacher training for preparing candidates for taking Euroexams – European tests based on CEFR levels for which YALS is exclusive representative for Serbia
- Belgrade, British Council, June 2004, BC training project as a continuation of training project on Testing, Sauli Takala and Felianka Kaftandieva
- Belgrade, 11 – 12 November, 2003, “Understanding of Basic phrases and Possible procedures of Levelling Language Exams with the CERF for Languages”, Council of Europe experts: Sauli Takala and Felianka Kaftandieva
- Belgrade, British Council, 30 – 31 May, 2003, Regional Conference organized by YALS, Goethe Institute and British Council, part one “ CEFR Application – testing”, part two “ CEFR Application – Syllabus and Curiculum Design”
- Belgrade, 14 December, Workshops with John Rogers
- Valjevo, Lingva: 12 Octobober 2002, 23 November, 2002, 1st YALS Inhouse seminar “The Internet in Teaching”
- Belgrade, British Council, 23- 24 February, 2002, training seminar on Ways and Procedures of Conducting Inspection in Language Schools, Frank Hayworth
- Belgrade, 23 March, 2002, seminar on writing “Writing to learn or learning to write”, John Rogers
- Belgrade, British Council, 20 October, 2001, European Language Portfolio -presentation, Frank Hayworth
- Belgrade, British Council, 15 -17 December, 2000 seminar “Ways of Public Presentation”, Aleksandar Kostic, PhD and Ivana Trbojevic, PhD
- Belgrade, 27 – 28 May, 2000, “Language Schools Quality Assessment”, Frank Hayworth, EAQUALS , General Secretary